*** This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commision when you decide to make a purchase using the links below. However, this does not impact my endorsement of services and does not mean any extra cost to you. For more info, please read here ***
The old saying comes to mind, while I sit down to write this article.
“If you want something badly, you will find a solution. Otherwise, you will find an excuse!”
Table of Contents
I apply this to all aspects of my life: relationships, working out, learning something new. It keeps me going. It creates clarity for me.
Anytime I find myself making an excuse for not taking action, I stop for a minute. I ask myself: “Is this something that you really want?”
If YES, then I ask: “What should be your next logical step in order to make progress in that direction, to make that dream a reality? What do you need to do?” (As you can notice, I talk to myself a lot…hahaha)
Asking the right question gives you the right answer. After I do this process, it amazes me how fast I regain focus.
All imagined obstacles seam to disappear. My brain creates a virtual map made of step by step solutions towards that goal.
That being said, let’s go thru some of the most common excuses of why some people (and maybe you too) are still not making money online.
Excuses for leaving so much money on the table. Excuses for not taking a bite of the huge money-pie the internet had laid in front of us.
Excuse #1 – I don’t have any money to invest
Fair enough. So, if I were to give you some ways to make $100 – $300 extra money, will you invest it ALL to set the grown for a new online business that will generate 4-5 figures a month?
Or, is this extra amount going to go in the same spending pile as the rest of your income, and you’ll continue to make excuses?
Before starting any side hustle, you have to decide what you are going to do with the extra money you are going to earn. Set an amount for investing. Once you have that, start doing it. Do not allocate it for anything else.
Are you barely covering your bills, so any extra money have to go in that direction also? Then implement as many money making & savings solution as you can from the list below, and aim for $500 – $700 extra.
- Sell old things or clothes online – Everyone has a few items that they never use. Why keep them? Turn that into cash. Just take a few pictures of the items, make a compelling description and write a listing on one of the classified ads websites.
- Flip items on Ebay – Do you like games? Then play one that will bring you money. If you know your ways in a certain industry (sports, health, clothes, gadgets, etc) then you know what is popular, what is not. You know how much an item would worth. Then, when you spot an awesome item at a reasonable price, go after it. Then shine a light on that item (good pictures, awesome description, maybe a story if applicable) and sell it at a higher price. Start with low range items ($20 – $35).
- Start saving up – If possible, set aside 10% of your paycheck. Or at least 5% each month.
- Get up to $150 from Booking.com – Do you know a friend who is planning a future trip? Send him your unique Booking.com link. When he completes a reservation on Booking.com using your link, you get $15. And he gets 10% cash back of the total amount. Now, that is a win-win situation.
- Sign up to Test Websites – This one is really easy to do and requires no special skill. You sign up, you complete your profile, you take a sample test where you say your thoughts while browsing a web-page. Now you are ready to receive tests.
For live tests, where the websites record your phone/laptop screen and you speaking while taking the test, you can get paid a minimum of $25 for 30 minutes of your time on some websites (Validately). That is really awesome!
Most websites pay as soon as your test is analyzed and accepted. Sometimes you have to wait around 3-4 weeks to get paid, but I’ve got 4 payments via PayPal (one of $2, one of $5 and 2 of $10 each) in just a few days after completing those tests.
10 Websites where you can sign up as a Website Tester: TestingTime , ClickWorker , UserFeel.com, UTest.com, Enroll.com, TryMyUI.com, UserLytics.com, UserBrain.net, UserZoom.com, Validately (Recently Bought by User Zoom),WhatUsersDo.com
- Start listening to audiobooks on Audible (The First 2 are completely FREE) – Why? It will help you develop your mindset, it will increase your knowledge, it will open your mind to new possibilities. You might even see a money making solution that it was right in front of you. Until you will have the money to invest in a business, invest in your brain, in yourself.
Learn something new in the area you are interested in.
“Is better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one, than have one and not be prepared.”– Les Brown
So, for those who are determined to get their income to the next level by starting an online business, these are the Top 3 books I advice you to start reading right away.
You can buy them individually OR you can take advantage of the 30 days FREE Trial that Audible is offering where you get 2 Books for Free (no charge is going to be made to your credit card). And the best part? Even if you decide to cancel your membership after 3, 7 or 10 days, you will still get to keep your books.
Excuse #2 – I don’t have any extra time
Are you sure about that? Unless you are working 14 – 16 hours/day, you have some spare time. You just need to learn to manage your time better.
- You could get up 1 hour earlier each morning;
- You could cut your lunch break short and use the extra 20-30 minutes to work on either of this methods;
- You could skip watching your favorite TV show and spend that precious hour actual making money.
Finding that extra time depends on the type of job you are doing full-time, but you get the point. I am sure that you could find an extra hour or two per day or every other day, if you really wanted to.
There are 24 hours in a day, and if we spend an average of 8 hours sleeping, that leaves us with 16 hours being awake. If we work for another 8 hours and we need 2 hours to commute, that still leave us with 6 hour free time every day.
Now that we found you some time, how do you want to make your money online? Read the methods that best suits you from this article.
Excuse #3 – I don’t have any special skills
I seriously doubt that. You must be good at doing something, everybody is! I bet you have a hobby or there is a field/niche out there that you constantly search information about online, and you love doing that.
What do you do in your spare time?
What do you find yourself searching online 7 times out of 10?
Do you have lots of clothes? Are you passionate about a sport? Do you like to cook?
Identify what you are drawn to. Write it down. Now read here to see how you can make money online without blogging.
Excuse #4 – I am already stressed out at my full time job
Then, put some good habits in place, to help with your stress.
Take the first steps toward your side hustle income. Implement some of the ideas in this article. Get some extra money. It will motivate you. It will give you self confidence. You will prove to yourself that you can do more, be more, have more.
So in time, you could afford to start your own full time business online, where sky is the limit in terms of income.
Just imagine enjoying a nice restaurant with your friends, or drinking a cold cocktail on a beach, or simply relaxing….whilst money keep pouring into your bank account.
The best thing about having an online business is that, after you have put everything in motion, the money keeps coming, and coming, and coming!
Don’t get confuse. You will still have to take care of your online business, like any other business if you want to get to the next level of income.
But you could also not touch a single thing for months and still get checks. Ah, the power of affiliate marketing!
Excuse #5 – I don’t believe there are money to be made online
Or you believe there are money to be made online, but not a steady income. Well, you are absolutely wrong!
Do you know why people make money online? Because they either sell something that someone else wants to buy, or they provide answers to people’s problems with the content they put online.
One example: Kristin Larsen – BelieveInABudget.com
She started her blog in January 2015, and published her first blog income report in April 2015, when she got $61.83 out of affiliate marketing.
Only 6 months later, she was making $3634.28 from her blog. 10 months later she tripled that and was earning $9604.90.
And in 2018, she made over $500 000 !!!
There are so many people out there making a killer living out of their blog:
- Pat Flynn from SmartPassiveIncome.com with over $100.000/month
- Michelle Schroeder-Gardner from MakingSenceofCents.com started in May 2012 with $672 income, and has earned over $1.5 million in 2018, and keeps growing.
- Alex & Lauren from CreateAndGo.com , with over $124.000/month
Motivated yet? Good. Let’s setup your blog and put things in motion!
Excuse #6 – I don’t believe I in particular, can make money online
Why not? And if others can, why not you too? Want to be sure? Just start, give it 6 -12 months of work, and if after this period you are not able to make a single cent (I highly doubt that), then this is not for you.
What do you think you are missing? Resources? Time? Money? Knowledge? Strategies?
Have a look at the below video. You will see things in a total different perspective. 🙂
Again, I seriously doubt that anyone that is so committed to making an income online, cannot get to over $3000/month after 12 months of researching, reading websites and taking massive action in implementing what they have learned.
If you have traffic on your website but are not getting money out of it, drop me a message. I will take a look and tell you what you should do to monetize it.
Excuse #7 – I want to make money online, but I don’t know where to start
Well, if you want some extra money, quick, then try these 8 methods.
But if you are really serious about this and you want to develop a long term online business, then setup your own blog or website. It is easy, it is fast, and it takes less than $80 to get you setup.
Make sure to take a look at this article, where I’ll introduce you to affiliate marketing and share with you 3 methods of making money online.
And last, but not least, read this book. It’s 100% FREE with Audible Free Trial.
And now, some reasons why you SHOULD start your online business:
- You can wake up at whatever hour you want.
- You can make your own schedule for the day.
- Your days don’t have to be the same – getting up and going to the same office. With an online business, all you need are your phone or laptop and you can work from any coffee shop, beach, restaurant in the world.
- You will be making money even when you are sleeping. How? Well, once your blog or website is up and running, and has a decent amount of traffic each day, you could be getting a commission at any moment, as a result of people purchasing your recommended products or services. Also, if you are going to use an Advertisement platform, you will get paid for each person that visits your blog.
- You can scale up your income to 5 – 6 figures. More traffic, more sales, more money – sky is the limit!
Read also: Feed the Millionaire in You!