*** This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commision when you decide to make a purchase using the links below. However, this does not impact my endorsement of services and does not mean any extra cost to you. For more info, please read here ***
There are a lot of methods of making money online, from small tasks that you could do at your own convenience, to part-time jobs, to building an online business and working daily to grow it to a 5 figure income per month.
The secret is to get started!
Who can earn money online? EVERY SINGLE PERSON OUT THERE THAT HAS ACCESS TO THE INTERNET!
How much money could you earn doing the 8 methods listed below? Between $200 – $3000 per month.
Depends on the time you choose to invest and how many methods you take on. If a few hundred dollars extra per month is what you are looking for, than choose 1 or 2 methods, spend 1-2 hours every few days and you are set.
But if you need more money, then choose 2-4 methods and dedicate around 3-4 hours or more per day for these.
How to find the time to work on these methods?
- You could get up 1 hour earlier each morning;
- You could cut your lunch break short and use the extra 20-30 minutes to work on either of this methods;
- You could skip watching your favorite TV show and spend that precious hour actual making money.
Finding that extra time depends on the type of job you are doing full-time, but you get the point. I am sure that you could find an extra hour or two per day or every other day, if you really wanted to.
There are 24 hours in a day, and if we spend an average of 8 hours sleeping, that leaves us with 16 hours being awake. If we work for another 8 hours and we need 2 hours to commute, that still leave us with 6 hour free time every day.
1. Make Money Answering Online Surveys
Table of Contents
Let’s get surveys out of the way, as I am sure this is not the first time you heard about it. And if you haven’t already tried them, what are you waiting for?
This is really easy to do and doesn’t require any special skills. True, it won’t make you rich, but you can easily make let’s say $20 – $50/month with each survey company you sign up with.
If you sign up with 10 companies, that means an extra $200 – $500/month in your pocket. And you only spent a few hours per month to do so. Imagine the potential earning if you combine this method with other methods listed bellow.
All from the comfort of your home, or in your lunch break or whenever you have some spare time.
Just make sure to sign up to as many survey sites as possible. This way, you are increasing your chances of getting more surveys per week, therefor make more money. Signing up is very easy and it’s free.
Below I have listed the top 5 most reliable survey websites:
- Inbox Dollars
- Just by Signing Up to Inbox Dollars you get a $5 Bonus
- They award and pay you in cash only (no points system)!
- Actions you are getting paid for include: answering surveys, watching videos, replying to emails, shopping online, using search engines and more.
- Before starting a survey, you can see the topic, how much time it will take you to complete it and how much money you will get.
- Expect to earn between $0.25 for a quick survey to $4 – $5 for longer surveys
- This is a company that paid over $380 millions so far to their members.
- You get a $5 bonus just for signing up. That’s a good start!
- With every survey you complete, you earn points. You can choose to redeem these points to cash (Paypal) or gift cards.
- You also get points for watching videos, surfing the web and other actions. Sign up and check the complete list.
- You can earn up to $35/survey
- Some members reported earnings between $200 – $1500 in only a few months
- Survey Junkie
- The company now has over 6.000.000 members, who receive between 400 – 700 points for each survey.
- When you reach 1000 points (complete only 2 surveys) you can redeem the points for cash or gifts cards.
- With Survey Junkie is easy to make $10 or more in only a few minutes!
- One member reported earnings of over $500 in only 1 week, taking surveys during lunch hour at work.
- Global Test Market
- Another company that paid over $30 millions to it’s members in one year!
- They pay up to $5 for every survey, and similar to other companies, you can redeem cash or gift cards.
- What makes them different is that, you earn points even if you do not qualify to take a survey, so that’s a real big plus!
- EarningStation is a company similar to Swagbucks.
- They will also pay you not only for online surveys, but for shopping online, watching videos and playing games.
- Just by signing up and joining 5 websites (activity inside the account), they award you with $10 in the form of 1000 points.
- You can exchange the points for cash via Paypal or request an gift card at Amazon or Walmart.
- As a EarningStation member, you can earn up to $10/hour.
Other Survey Websites, similar to the ones above are:
IMPORTANT! From what I have read online, sometimes people complain of some unethical practices that some survey companies do in order to not pay members. I am not talking about the companies listed above, but companies in the Surveys niche in general.
In my opinion, any company that is reliable today could not be reliable tomorrow. So, the best thing you can do is to protect yourself and your earnings.
MY ADVICE: as soon as you reach the minimum threshold required in order to withdraw your money without paying any fee, DO IT!
This limit is usually low, at $30 or $40 for most companies. Don’t wait until you have hundreds of dollars there before you ask for your money.
This way, if anything goes wrong at any point and they decide to shut down your account or whatever, you don’t end up with nothing.
2. Become a Website Tester (Requires no special skills)
This one is really easy to do. Although it does not require any special skills, not everyone will qualify to become a website tester.
But the payment is good so it’s worth 10-30 minutes of your time to sign up, complete your profile and take the sample test to see if you qualify.
Not all websites require you to take a sample test but the ones that do usually pay more.
The earnings? Between $10 – $15 for about 20 minutes of work and $25 or more for 30 minutes of work on some websites!
Payment is via Paypal and I haven’t had any problem so far with any of these sites.
For some websites I have signed up to, I actually did not qualify for a lot of tests because I work in the digital marketing niche.
So, they are not in search of experts. Being a regular person who likes to surf the internet is exactly what they are looking for.
Most websites will send you an email every time there is a test that needs your attention.
You can choose to start the test or not. Keep in mind that once they have all the members needed for that test, the registration will close and you will no longer be able to participate.
The minimum amount they will pay you for an easy 2-5 minutes test is $2, and the rest are either $5 or $10 per test.
For live tests, where they will record your phone/laptop screen and record you speaking while taking the test, you can get paid a minimum of $25 for 30 minutes of your time on some websites (Validately). That is really awesome!
Most websites pay as soon as your test is analyzed and accepted. Sometimes you have to wait around 3-4 weeks to get paid, but I’ve got 4 payments via Paypal (one of $2, one of $5 and 2 of $10 each) in just a few days after completing those tests.
Some pointers to making a decent amount of money as a website tester:
- Sign up to as many websites as possible, as you could only get 1-2 tests per week from each website. By becoming a member to 10 or more testing websites, you are increasing your chances to getting more tests;
- When you are just starting up, make sure to read their guidelines and follow them when completing tests. Nothing fancy here, they will just let you know the Do’s and Don’ts.
- Some websites require you to take an initial test to qualify as a website tester. Do that! They will send more and more tests your way, once you successfully complete this step.
10 Websites where you can sign up as a Website Tester:
- Testing Time
- Try My UI
- User Brain
- User Zoom
- Validately (Recently Bought by User Zoom)
As an example, you could spend 2 hours each day and make $20 – $30/day. This means $600 – $900 extra per month. Not bad for only 2 hours of easy work!
Extra money are good but you are looking to make constant 4 or 5 figures per month?
Then use some of this extra money, invest in your future and start an online business. It takes no more than $100 to get your blog or website started with a domain name and 1 year of hosting.
3. Be a Part-time Transcriber
This method does require you to have some special skills, but the money are also good.
What do you need to be a transcriber:
- Type really fast (above 50-60 WPM – words per minute)
- be a focused person
- have excellent grammar and language skills
What does the job involves? Listening to an audio file/recording and typing what you hear into a text document.
You could be working on a general audio file (Ex: commercial) or an audio file from a specific niche like medical or legal (Ex:court hearing).
How much money can you make as a transcriber?
Most companies pay in terms of audio per hour (meaning how much they will pay you for transcribing an hour of audio recording).
For example, a company may pay you $70 per audio hour. To transcribe an hour of audio, you may be spending 2-3 hours of typing, depending on your skills. So $70 per audio hour may be equal to $23 – $30 per 1 hour of typing. And this is your actual earning per hour.
REV pays you between 0.4 – 0.75$ per minute of transcription, that equals to $24 – $45/hour.
Resources to get you started:
If you have already checked your typing speed here and got over 50 WPM as a result, then you are ready to give it a try as a transcriber.
Check out this FREE 7-Lesson Mini Course from Transcribe Anywhere. It is better to learn from other people’s mistakes and be ahead of the game, so start here.
The FREE 7-Lesson Mini Course was made by Janet, who started working as a transcriber in 2007. She is now making 5 figures a month as a transcriber and also teaching others how to do so.
Websites where you can find transcription jobs
Scribies is an ideal option for new transcribers who want to gain a little experience.
The company has been on the market since 2008, with over $1.5 million paid to their transcribers . They hire both entry-level and experienced persons.
Scribies pays between $5 and $25 per audio hour and they also offer a monthly bonus of $5 for every 3 hours of audio completed.
You can work at your own convenience and you can preview and choose the files you wish to work on.
If your work is TOP, you can get promoted and earn up to $1000 per month as a reviewer or proofreader.
4. Spend a few hours a day doing Data Entry
If you have a high school diploma and basic computer skills, then you can consider taking on data entry gigs.
A basic data entry job involves reading text from a PDF file and typing the words into a word file. Other gigs involve entering data into an Excel Spreadsheet.
You could also be asked to go thru a Word or Excel file and correct errors.
If you are looking for a data entry gig, these are some good starting websites:
5. Work from home teaching English to Kids (everything is done online)
This is pretty straight forward. If you are a native or near native English speaker, love working with kids and have a computer with working webcam/microphone, you have a good starting point.
Teaching English online can put between $9 – $26 per hour in your pocket, with most companies paying an average of $17 – $22 per hour.
Many teachers make an average of $2000/month, working no more than 4 hours/day.
There are numerous websites out there where you can apply to teach English to kids and the requirements are different from one website to another.
So check out these websites, find the ones where you do meet the requirements and submit your application to them.
- VIPKID – Click Here to Apply
- Vipkid is one of the best places to get started if you already have some experience. Here you will be teaching English to Chinese kids, ages 5 to 14.
- The website do require you to have a bachelor degree of any kind or some formal/informal teaching experience.
- To get started, you need to apply here, get through an interview and a demo class.
- They will pay you between $14 – $22/hour and provide you with all the necessary teaching materials.
- You can pick your own hours to teach.
- QKids – Click Here to Apply
- This company is perfect if you are a college student or if you are a stay-at-home mom, as they are not so strict with their requirements;
- If you are eligible to work in US/Canada, you can apply to join QKids;
- You will be teaching to kids between 6 – 12 years old;
- The payment is $20/hour.
- Magic Ears – Click Here to Apply
- Any native English speaker in US/Canada can apply. Bachelor degree is not required, but it is an advantage.
- Magic Ears pays you to teach to a class of 1 – 4 kids, ages between 4 – 12 years.
- The kids (better say, they parents) choose convenient hours and the website matches their preferences with available teachers.
- Each class lasts 25 minutes and they will provide you with materials, to prepare for the class.
- Payment is between $18 – $26 for an hour class.
6. Become a Virtual Assistant
As a virtual assistant, you will be helping out small businesses, entrepreneurs and bloggers with daily routine online tasks.
Depending on your experience, you could be asked to answer emails, provide support to their clients, do some copywriting work, take care of social media pages, book an airplane ticket, help organizing an website and so on.
People who are searching to hire a VA (Virtual Assistant) are usually looking for charismatic persons, with good communication skills, that are organized and reliable.
In my personal opinion, these are standard requirements for any job that involves communicating with other individuals. 🙂
To get started, you need a computer with internet connection (of course). You do not need any special software, as most clients will give you access to their own platforms.
The payment is per hour, ranging from $25 – $40 when you are just getting started. Once you gain experience, you could charge double or triple with no problem.
Here is a list of websites you can apply to get you started:
The better you get, the more money you will be making. As always, there is a longer way and a shortcut to getting to higher payment per hour.
The shortcut is…you guest it: learning from people who are already at the level you want to be!
Gina, the creator of “30 Days or Less to Virtual Assistant Success“ Course, is one of those people. She started working as a Virtual Assistant in 2014 and in less than 6 months was earning $4000/month doing this part-time.
Soon after, she quit her full time job and dedicated all of her time to the VA world.
Due to the high success rate of the course, she now charges $397 for teaching you the shortcut to making over $2500/month in only a few weeks from starting your Virtual Assistant journey.
So, the old principle applies here also: if you want to be good at something, spend time learning or spend money and get there 10X faster.
7. Become a part-time or full-time Proofreader
When taking on a proofreading job, you will be required to correct grammar, spelling mistakes, and punctuation.
Proofreading is the final polish of finishing a text, after editing and copy-editing.
As a beginner, you will earn around $10 – $15/hour, but as you get more experience, you can easily charge $30 – $50 per hour.
This does require a little experience, and as a person just starting of, it can be a little tricky to get a proofreading job.
But the websites listed below are beginner friendly and all have different requirements.
After signing up, you will need to take a proofreading exam before getting started.
Where to find a proofreading job:
Need extra help?
Here is a FREE Proofreading Workshop & FREE Intro 7-days Course to Proofreading , both created by Caitlin Pyle, who started working as a part-time proofreader in 2007 and left her 9-to-5 job to become a full-time proofreader in 2012.
Here are some other free resources I have found:
- Harvard University – Proofreading Tips
- Oxford Learning Institute – Guide to Editing and Proofreading
- The University of Nottingham – Proofreading Tips
- University of Hull – Proofreading Do’s and Don’ts with Examples
- Test Your Proofreading Skills Here
- Wikihow – Become an Online Proofreader
- A handy Reference Guide to Mistakes Free Grammar
8. Take advantage of Cash Back Rewards Websites & APPS
I have not personally tested these Apps, but from my research online, I have heard good things about them so give them a try.
Ibotta is a reputable cash back rewards app that gives you cash rebates for hundreds of items at the grocery store, and they are not brand specific.
You can go shopping for basic items as milk, eggs, cereal, soda and more at any of the 80 most common retailers nationwide.
The App is so popular due to it’s long-ranking history and high rebate amounts.
You also get a $10 bonus when you redeem your first offer.
It’s free and it is very easy to use. You need to shop for grocery anyway, so why not making it fun and get some cash back?
Ebates is another great cash rewards sites, where you can make cash when shopping online. It acts like a bridge between you and the shopping websites.
How does it work? You simply install their Google Chrome extension and get back between 2 – 5% of the money you spend shopping online.
Also, they will give you a $10 bonus when making your first purchase.
So, there you have it! 8 Methods you could apply to earn extra cash.
- Make money with Online Surveys (Top websites that pay cash)
- Become a Website Tester (Require no special skills)
- Be a Part-time Transcriber
- Spend a few hours a day doing Data Entry
- Work from home teaching English to Kids
- Become a Virtual Assistant
- Become a part-time or full-time Proofreader
- Take advantage of Cash Back Rewards Websites & APPS
As you can notice, no matter your skills, your previous experience or your available hours, there is at least one method you can apply to.
And if your dream is to start an online business or a blog, but you don’t want to invest the money you have now, then start doing online surveys 1 hour /day and work as a website tester for another hour a day.
It should take you no more than 7 – 10 days until you have at least $100.